Division III golf | Cornell, Highlanders win league tourney
March 23, 2015
The Incline golf team is off to a promising start after winning a league tournament at Carson Valley Golf Course this past Thursday.
Led by junior Mitchell Cornell's even-par round of 72, which was the low score of the tournament, the Highlanders claimed the victory with a team score of 447.
Sierra Lutheran was second at 483 and Yerington third at 547. North Tahoe did not have a complete team.
Aside from Cornell, Incline's Bryan Golombik finished runner-up with a score of 82, sophomore Johnny Lockhardt shot a personal-best 93, sophomore Peter Larson posted a 102 and freshman Nico Cruz shot a 96 to round out the top five scores. Brandon Swick came in at 113.
"Overall I am very impressive with our team efforts," said Incline coach Joe Humasti. "All the boys are working hard to improve their competitive skills to perform well under the pressure of tournament play."
The next Northern Division III match is Thursday, March 26, at Dayton Valley Golf Course.
Trending In: Sports
- America’s greatest biathlete holds camp at Auburn Ski Club
- Legendary Coach Harry Marra leads Truckee track camp
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- Leipheimer and Truckee’s Julie Young claim Tahoe Trail 100 titles
- Breaking down Lake Tahoe’s best kayak trip along West Shore
- Two dead, one critically injured in Truckee airplane crash
- Carson City woman admits to fatal DUI at Lake Tahoe
- UPDATE: A second passenger dead, 1 in critical condition due to plane crash this morning (VIDEO)
- UPDATE: Body found in Truckee River near Hwy 267 bypass bridge
- Ferguson Fire in Yosemite filling Lake Tahoe Basin with smoke