Former Truckee volleyball standout named Great Northeast Athletic Conference Player of the Week
September 4, 2018
Former Truckee volleyball standout Madison Bromley made waves in her first week of competition at Colby-Sawyer College, leading the Chargers to a 2-2 record at the DeSales Invitational.
For her play on the court, Bromley, a two-time Class 3A all-state outside hitter, has been named the Great Northeast Athletic Conference Women's Volleyball Rookie of the Week.
Bromley led the New Hampshire-based Colby-Sawyer squad with a team-high 2.5 kills per set (40 total), and was second on the Chargers with .38 blocks per set and 2.38 digs per set (38 digs).
Bromley's best performance of the tournament came against Baruch College. She posted 16 kills and a .317 hitting percentage to go along with 15 digs. Bromley's play at the tournament also earned her all-tournament honors.
Bromley and the Chargers will be back on the court Wednesday against New England College.
Justin Scacco is a reporter for the Sierra Sun. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trending In: Sports
- Truckee Town Council race still too close to call
- Kurt Reinkens: Affordable living with Grocery Outlet unlocks affordable housing
- Reno-Tahoe out of running to host 2030 Winter Olympic Games
- Police: Undercover operation breaks up Lake Tahoe drug ring
- Updated results still shows close race for Truckee Town Council