High Altitude Fitness to host climbing competitions
March 11, 2014
High Altitude Fitness in Incline Village will host a Sport Climbing Series event as well as a local climbing competition called Tahoe Top-Out on March 22.
The dual event will break a three-year competition-less streak at High Altitude Fitness.
Registration for the Sport Climbing Series event begins at 9 a.m. and costs $25. Climbing begins at 10 a.m. and awards take place at 2 p.m.
Tahoe Top-Out registration opens at 3 p.m. The event is free for members and $16 for non members. Climbing begins at 4 p.m., with awards to follow at 7 p.m. Online pre-registration is encouraged.
Souper Wagon food truck will be outside selling hot soups and sandwiches throughout both competitions, while snacks and baked goods will be available for purchase in the lobby. Beer and wine specials will be available inside during the event.
Raffle tickets and prizes will be available at both events, with the Tahoe Top-Out featuring a $1,500 cash purse — $450 for first place, $200 for second and $100 for third.
Trending In: Sports
- Squaw Valley couple launches YouTube channel featuring athletic exploits
- Eastern U.S. snowboard company lands at Squaw Valley as part of wild ride through country
- Squaw Valley’s Cashman picks up Nor-Am win at Snow King
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- Truckee man in good health after near-fatal ski accident in Russia