High school volleyball teams pick up wins
September 7, 2017
The Truckee volleyball team participated in the High Sierra Tournament last weekend, and went 2-6 against schools from Reno and California. The girls' record now sits a 3-6 on the season. The Wolverines picked up wins against Atwater and Enterprise.
The girls will now open league play on Wednesday, Sept. 6, against Fernley (3-1). Game time is scheduled for 6 p.m. (Results not available as of press time).
Truckee's junior varsity team has also been turning heads, with the team going 6-0 without losing a set during the Truckee Classic Volleyball Tournament.
North Tahoe's volleyball team was also in action for their first games of the season, as the school hosted a tournament on Saturday, Sept. 2.
The Lakers would drop both of their matches on the day, losing 2-0 to Incline and 2-1 against Quincy.
North Tahoe will have one final game before league play begins, with a matchup against Portola at home on Wednesday, Sept. 6 at 5 p.m. (Results not available as of press time). The girls will then travel to Battle Mountain on Sept. 8 for the team's Class 2A Northern League opener.
Trending In: Sports
- Tahoe Donner Downhill Ski Resort celebrates season opener with new triple chairlift (VIDEO)
- North Tahoe’s Mercogliano finishes prolific career as league MVP
- Truckee’s Ryan Funk wins first Junior SUP World Championship
- Third annual Captain Nordic Day at Auburn Ski Club set for Saturday
- Truckee gridiron great finishes standout freshman season
- New Community Park Planned for Downtown Truckee
- Tahoe ski patrollers rally support for Amy Holland, a ‘powerhouse with the fiercest determination’ diagnosed with brain cancer
- Tahoe local to showcase talents on TV’s The Great American Baking Show
- Truckee council increases in-lieu housing fee for developers
- Nevada County Elections: Klovstad, Goodwin, Polivy win Truckee Town Council seats