IMS volleyball continues strong tradition
February 3, 2016
The Incline Middle School seventh-grade volleyball team earned a second-place finish after two days of competition in the South Tahoe Optimist Volleyball Tournament on Jan. 29-30.
Despite a three-way tie in pool play on Friday night, the IMS seventh-graders went on to win every match in tournament play Saturday leading up to the championship against Eagle Valley, which won 15-13.
Incline Middle School's eighth-grade team was awarded for placing first in pool play in its division on Friday night.
Both IMS volleyball teams, currently in first place in the small-school league, will revisit their competitors from the big-school league when they participate in the Tah-Neva League Championships on Feb. 12.
— This article was submitted to Sports Editor Sylas Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trending In: Sports
- Open season (even longer): Lake Tahoe resorts extend operations following record February snowfall
- Squaw’s Ganong finishes 10th in final World Cup downhill, Bennett ends year seventh in downhill standings
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- North Tahoe’s Mattson drives in 15 runs, opens year 10-for-10 hitting
- Wolverines swimmers race past Vikings