Incline football fundraiser returning Saturday
May 21, 2014
After a successful inaugural event last year, the Highlander Hail-Mary Poker Extravaganza is set to return to the Grand Lodge Casino at the Hyatt Regency on Saturday, May 24, starting at 9 p.m.
All proceeds go to the Incline football program to help pay for newer, safer equipment, uniform items and improved physical training tools.
Cost to enter is $100, which includes $1,000 in casino chips. Participants may buy in again for another $100 up to three times throughout the first rounds of the tournament.
The grand-prize winner will take home $2,500. The second-place finisher receives $500 and third place receives $250. Many other consolation prizes will be given away, awarded or won via a silent auction throughout the event. In all, 50 prizes will be handed out at a total cost of $9,200.
Aside from the poker room, the Grand Lodge Casino at the Hyatt Regency donated their professional croupiers, support staff, tools and tournament director, and are offering free adult beverages for all participants throughout the event. Players of all abilities are welcome.
Register for the tournament at http://www.highlanderpride.com/poker.php, or call Incline coach Scott Conn at 530-913-9694.
Trending In: Sports
- Two dead, one critically injured in Truckee airplane crash
- Carson City woman admits to fatal DUI at Lake Tahoe
- UPDATE: A second passenger dead, 1 in critical condition due to plane crash this morning (VIDEO)
- Ferguson Fire in Yosemite filling Lake Tahoe Basin with smoke
- Nevada County prosecutor: Victim’s blood found on Joseph Ward’s boots