Incline football: Highlanders fall short in road loss to Silver Stage
September 14, 2016
SILVER SPRINGS, Nev. — JJ Snyder charted 76 all-purpose yards and a touchdown, but it wasn't enough in the Incline football team's 18-12 2A Northern League loss to Silver Stage on Saturday at Silver Stage High School.
The Highlanders were neck-and-neck with the Nighthawks for three quarters, as the two teams were level at 6-6 at halftime and 12-12 heading into the fourth quarter.
There, however, Silver Stage punched in the go-ahead touchdown, and Incline couldn't muster a response to fall short in its league opener.
Snyder led the Highlanders' offense with 66 rushing yards on 12 carries and 10 receiving yards on one grab. Conor Nix added 68 all-purpose yards and a receiving touchdown.
Quarterback Nick Barnard threw for 40 yards.
Defensively, Blaise Bibolet led the way with seven tackles. Max Wilderman chipped in with five tackles and a team-high two sacks, while Kaelan Pugh had five tackles and a sack.
Recommended Stories For You
Barnard snared the team's lone interception.
Incline (1-2, 0-1) is back in action at 7 p.m. Friday at West Wendover (1-2).
Trending In: Sports
- Dayton high school denied request to play in easier division
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- World-class granite: Local climbing outfits help to access Truckee-Donner’s unparalleled routes
- Truckee Tahoe Junior Golf Tour opens season
- Squaw Valley Kids Adventures Games returns for fifth year
- UPDATE: Lanes now open on eastbound I-80 following truck retrieval
- Bicyclist dead after being struck by vehicle on State Route 89
- UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe PD asking for public’s help IDing suspect in deadly shooting
- Red White and Tahoe Blue organizers optimistic about salvaging July 4 fireworks in Incline Village after county denies permit