Incline football: Highlanders struggle to move chains in road loss
September 7, 2016
SAN ANDREAS, Calif. — The Incline football team struggled to move the chains in a 20-0 nonconference loss to Sierra Ridge/Rite of Passage on Friday in San Andreas, Calif.
The young Highlanders (1-1, 1-0 2-A Northern League) were held to just 87 offensive yards in the road loss to the senior-heavy Rams (1-0).
Leading the Incline offense was freshman JJ Snyder, who tallied 52 all-purpose yards. Conor Nix added 32 rushing yards.
Defensively, the Highlanders were anchored by Kaelan Pugh, who had five solo tackles and two sacks, and Max Wilderman, who had a team-high three sacks to go with one solo tackle. Blaise Bibolet added seven assisted tackles on the night.
Incline will look to bounce back Saturday when it travels to Silver Springs on Saturday for a 3 p.m. 2A Northern League clash with Silver Stage (0-1).
Trending In: Sports
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Placer County Office of Education Board of Trustees
- Truckee Town Council candidates talk affordable housing, General Plan (VIDEO)
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search
- Two arrested at Truckee Rite Aid on burglary, drug charges
- Now boarding: 5 candidates vie for Truckee Tahoe Airport Board (VIDEO)