Incline football: Highlanders struggle to move chains in road loss
September 7, 2016
SAN ANDREAS, Calif. — The Incline football team struggled to move the chains in a 20-0 nonconference loss to Sierra Ridge/Rite of Passage on Friday in San Andreas, Calif.
The young Highlanders (1-1, 1-0 2-A Northern League) were held to just 87 offensive yards in the road loss to the senior-heavy Rams (1-0).
Leading the Incline offense was freshman JJ Snyder, who tallied 52 all-purpose yards. Conor Nix added 32 rushing yards.
Defensively, the Highlanders were anchored by Kaelan Pugh, who had five solo tackles and two sacks, and Max Wilderman, who had a team-high three sacks to go with one solo tackle. Blaise Bibolet added seven assisted tackles on the night.
Incline will look to bounce back Saturday when it travels to Silver Springs on Saturday for a 3 p.m. 2A Northern League clash with Silver Stage (0-1).
Trending In: Sports
- Winter storm warning in effect for Truckee-Tahoe area
- Sun Snapshots: Northstar ice rink covered in snow
- Truckee Donner Land Trust, Squaw Valley Public Service District to buy piece of Olympic Valley
- West End Coffee and Tap plans moving forward in Truckee
- Sugar Bowl athletes put freeride skills on display in season opener