Incline football to hold spring training, poker fundraiser
May 22, 2013
Second-year Incline coach Scott Conn has a fun way to raise the much-needed funds for his Highlanders — a poker tournament.
The Highlander Hail-Mary Poker Extravaganza is scheduled for Saturday, June 15, at the Grand Lodge Casino at the Hyatt Regency.
The event, which begins at 9 a.m., costs $100 to buy in, with all the proceeds benefitting the Incline High football program. The team will use the money to upgrade its outdated equipment and training tools.
More than $9,000 in prizes from local vendors will be given away for things like "bad beats," which is to knock one of the football coaches out of the tournament, best hand, etc. The tournament winner will receive a $2,500 purse.
All participants must be 21 years of age. For questions or to register, contact Conn at 530-913-9694 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trending In: Sports
- Nevada County customers lose home insurance; some see double, triple increases
- French Meadows Restoration Project reaches final approval
- ‘A TOTAL DIFFERENT LIFETIME’: All-female grunge group ready to rock Art Truckee
- Tahoe Fit, new fitness studio, to open in Tahoe City
- Last of Tahoe’s downhill resorts set to open this week