Incline golf | Meyers, Highlanders win league match
October 1, 2014
Led by senior Devi Meyers, the Incline girls golf team defeated Yerington in a league match at Eagle Valley Golf Course in Carson City on Tuesday.
Meyers, who won the Division III state championship as a sophomore and finished second at state last year, earned tournament medalist honors by carding an 84.
Combined with sophomore Kennedy Cohn's personal-best 89, Christine Schwartz's 91 and senior Brooke Ruhl's 98, also a personal best, the Highlanders posted a winning team score of 362 to Yerington's 475. Incline freshman Haley Carlson shot 107.
Felicia Beruman posted the lowest score for the Lions, with a 112, while Huralia Resendiz represented ROP with a 126.
The two-time defending state champion Highlanders will look to earn a three-peat when the state tournament returns Oct. 13-14 at Eagle Valley Golf Course.
Meyers will carry a 79 scoring average into the state tourney, while the Incline squad expects to be challenged by Battle Mountain and Wells for the team title, said Incline coach Joe Humasti.
Recommended Stories For You
"The girls are continuing to improve as a result of their hard word and desire to improve competitively,"Humasti said.
Trending In: Sports
- Investigation continues on man found on Truckee railroad tracks
- Man with knife apprehended in possible Truckee stabbing
- Truckee Traffic Report: Route 89 one-way operation; Westbound I-80 lane closure
- Tahoe Housing Trouble Part 3: Local entities aim to crack Tahoe’s housing crunch
- Wolverines make statement with win over Fernley