Incline golf | Meyers, Highlanders win league match
October 1, 2014
Led by senior Devi Meyers, the Incline girls golf team defeated Yerington in a league match at Eagle Valley Golf Course in Carson City on Tuesday.
Meyers, who won the Division III state championship as a sophomore and finished second at state last year, earned tournament medalist honors by carding an 84.
Combined with sophomore Kennedy Cohn's personal-best 89, Christine Schwartz's 91 and senior Brooke Ruhl's 98, also a personal best, the Highlanders posted a winning team score of 362 to Yerington's 475. Incline freshman Haley Carlson shot 107.
Felicia Beruman posted the lowest score for the Lions, with a 112, while Huralia Resendiz represented ROP with a 126.
The two-time defending state champion Highlanders will look to earn a three-peat when the state tournament returns Oct. 13-14 at Eagle Valley Golf Course.
Meyers will carry a 79 scoring average into the state tourney, while the Incline squad expects to be challenged by Battle Mountain and Wells for the team title, said Incline coach Joe Humasti.
Recommended Stories For You
"The girls are continuing to improve as a result of their hard word and desire to improve competitively,"Humasti said.
Trending In: Sports
- Sun Snapshots: Northstar ice rink covered in snow
- Old Trestle launches Truckee’s first distillery in 100 years
- Truckee Donner Land Trust, Squaw Valley Public Service District to buy piece of Olympic Valley
- Winter storm warning in effect for Truckee-Tahoe area
- News Briefs: South Lake Tahoe man accused of killing roommate with piece of firewood