Incline parent and child golf tournament takes place Aug. 14 at Incline Village Mountain Golf Course
August 12, 2017
The Incline Village Mountain Golf Course will be hosting a parent/child tournament on Sunday, Aug. 14, from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m., followed by a barbecue from Wild Bill's BBQ.
Adults can team up with their children or grandchildren for a shotgun scramble tournament, and will have shorter yardages for the youngsters and 8-inch cups to make for more children-friendly play. The tournament will be divided into age groups with prizes for multiple categories. Registration for the event is $60 and includes golf, barbecue, and awards.
"I always looked forward to playing in parent/child tournaments with my dad when I was growing up," said Robyn Bradford, PGA and Head Golf Pro at the Mountain Course. "This tournament happens right after the final Junior Golf Camp, so it's a great way for those kids to put their skills into practice and for families to get out on the course together."
Every Sunday at Incline Village Mountain Course is also Family Fun Day, where children 17-and-under play free with a paying adult.
To register for the tournament online visit register.yourtahoeplace.com or call the Mountain Course Shop at (775) 832-1150.
Trending In: Sports
- Squaw Valley couple launches YouTube channel featuring athletic exploits
- Eastern U.S. snowboard company lands at Squaw Valley as part of wild ride through country
- Squaw Valley’s Cashman picks up Nor-Am win at Snow King
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- Truckee man in good health after near-fatal ski accident in Russia