Incline preps: Highlanders fall at Yerington, close out regular season on Friday
February 9, 2018
The Incline boys' basketball team traveled to Yerington on Tuesday, Feb. 6, and suffered a 49-37 loss.
The Highlanders have now dropped two consecutive games, but have clinched a spot in the Class 2A Northern League playoffs.
Junior Ian Smith led the team with 13 points, followed by junior Mathew Cornell with six. Junior Johnny Redfern and sophomore Zach Pexa combined for 10 points. Junior Liam Nolan-Bowers led the team with 11 rebounds.
Incline (8-15, 5-7 Northern League) will finish out the regular season at home against North Tahoe on Friday, Feb. 9 at 6 p.m. The team will open postseason play on Thursday, Feb. 15 at Adobe Middle School in Elko, Nev.
The Incline girls' basketball team had their two-game winning streak snapped on the road against Yerington on Tuesday, Feb. 6, falling 38-34.
Recommended Stories For You
Junior Taylor Redfern led Incline with 18 points on 7 of 22 shooting. Sophomores Sami Giangreco and Madison Corneil combined for 11 points.
The girls held a six-point edge heading into the fourth quarter, but were shutout over the final eight minutes of the game as Yerington rallied back to outscore Incline 10-0 during the final quarter.
The Highlanders (11-11, 6-7 Northern League) will close out the regular season at home against North Tahoe on Friday, Feb. 9 at 7:30 p.m. The girls will begin play in the Class 2A Northern League playoffs on Thursday, Feb. 15 at Adobe Middle School in Elko, Nev.
Trending In: Sports
- Truckee Town Council candidates talk affordable housing, General Plan (VIDEO)
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Placer County Office of Education Board of Trustees
- Law Review: Jim Porter’s recommendations for Nov. 6 area elections
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search
- Finishing strong: Bellon surpasses 3K career passing yards; Wolverines close regular season with Sierra Bowl