Incline soccer | Girls suffer second league loss to Whittell
October 15, 2014
Both Incline soccer teams shut out Battle Mountain on the road Monday, with the girls winning 7-0 and the boys 4-0.
The Incline girls then suffered their second loss of the season against Whittell on Tuesday, falling 3-2 in a hard-fought Northern Division III game.
The Warriors took a 1-0 lead in the 10th minute, and the Highlanders answered four minutes later when Madison Wallner converted a corner kick by Vanessa Andrade.
Incline senior Caitlin May gave Incline a 2-1 lead entering the half after scoring on a free kick in the 35th minute.
Whittell scored two unanswered goals in the second half — in the 49th and 57th minutes — to earn the big league victory. Whittell defeated Incline 5-1 in the teams' first meeting last month.
The Incline girls are now 8-2 in league and Whittell is 10-0. Incline's boys are 6-0 in league.
Recommended Stories For You
Stats from Battle Mountain were not available.
The Highlanders are scheduled to host three consecutive league games — against West Wendover on Friday (boys 5 p.m., girls 7 p.m.), White Pine on Saturday (boys 11 a.m., girls 1 p.m.) and Yerington on Tuesday (boys 3 p.m., girls 5 p.m.).
Trending In: Sports
- Dialysis doesn’t stop Truckee’s Josalyn Brown
- North Tahoe’s Mercogliano finishes prolific career as league MVP
- Truckee’s Ryan Funk wins first Junior SUP World Championship
- Truckee man in good health after near-fatal ski accident in Russia
- Tahoe Donner Downhill Ski Resort celebrates season opener with new triple chairlift (VIDEO)