Incline tennis rolls against North Tahoe
September 8, 2017
The Incline boys' tennis team improved their record 2-1 with a pair of wins against North Tahoe and Churchill County.
The Highlanders first took on North Tahoe on Thursday, Aug. 31, and took a dominant 16-2 win. Senior Lucas Tong led the team, going 3-0 in his singles matches; while juniors Paul Larson and Dalton Fry each went 2-1 on the day.
The Lakers would then take on Churchill County on Tuesday, Sept. 5, and took a 10-8 victory.
Tong was again solid, winning his three matches. Junior Colin Drewes also picked up a trio of singles wins, while Fry won two of his three. In doubles play, the Highlanders struggled, but had sophomores Brayden Hock and Jacob Collins pick up a win, as well as sophomore Jake Harrell, who teamed up with Larson.
The Lady Highlanders were also in action, topping North Tahoe on Thursday, Aug. 31 to improve to 1-1.
Trending In: Sports
- Truckee Town Council candidates talk affordable housing, General Plan (VIDEO)
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Placer County Office of Education Board of Trustees
- Law Review: Jim Porter’s recommendations for Nov. 6 area elections
- Finishing strong: Bellon surpasses 3K career passing yards; Wolverines close regular season with Sierra Bowl
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search