Incline track and field: Highlanders tuned for regionals
May 11, 2016
Incline's track and field team got in one final tune-up before the postseason at the Fernley Invitational last Friday.
The Highlanders earned five top-10 finishes, led by senior sprinter Matt Colby's third-place finish in the 100-meter dash with a time of 11.34 seconds.
Ryan Eppolito placed seventh in the 1,600, posting a time of 4:58.74, while the boys 4 x 800 relay team of Nick Barnard, Eppolito, Conor Nix and Edward Parkhill produced a seventh-place finish in 10:01.60.
For the Incline girls, senior Kira Porter tied for seventh in the high jump, clearing the bar at 4 feet, 6 inches, and placed 20th in the long jump with a leap of 11-11.50.
The 4 x 200 relay team of Ellyse Kirkland, Porter, Madelyn Pecorino and Kandace Dirga finished eighth (1:59.99), Madison Wallner was 17th in the long jump (12-10), Scarlet Thompson was 20th in the 100 (14.12), and Raquel Oliver was 28th in the 100 (14.54).
The meet was the final competition before the Northern Division III regional championships, which take place at Yerington High School this Friday, May 13. The state championship will be held at Carson High School the following week, May 20-21.
Recommended Stories For You
Find complete results from regionals and state — and every meet from this past season — at http://www.athletic.net.
Trending In: Sports
- Dayton high school denied request to play in easier division
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- Truckee Tahoe Junior Golf Tour opens season
- World-class granite: Local climbing outfits help to access Truckee-Donner’s unparalleled routes
- Squaw Valley Kids Adventures Games returns for fifth year
- UPDATE: Lanes now open on eastbound I-80 following truck retrieval
- Bicyclist dead after being struck by vehicle on State Route 89
- Red White and Tahoe Blue organizers optimistic about salvaging July 4 fireworks in Incline Village after county denies permit
- Truckee High School Class of 2018 goes out in style