Incline track and field | Highlanders warm up in Sparks meets
March 18, 2015
The Incline track and field team tuned up for the season with a couple of conference meets at Sparks High School the past two weekends.
Matt Colby got off to a solid start on March 7 with a pair of victories in both the 100- and 200-meter dash. On the girls side, Valeri Nix also won the 100 and 200 and was third in the 400.
Ryan Eppolito recorded third-place finishes in the 400, 800 and 1,600, and was fifth in the 3,200, while Andreas Mourelatos was fourth in the 3,200 and 10th in the 1,600.
In the field events, Esten Flores placed fifth in the shot put and 16th in the discus. Blake Perry was third in the high jump, seventh in the long jump and fourth in the triple jump, Rolland Williams was fifth in the long jump, Conor Devine was fifth in the triple jump and 10th in the long jump, and Nick Barnard was 11th in the long jump.
Among the Incline girls, Haley Carlson placed second in the high jump, Leslie Medina was sixth in the discus, and Kandace Dirga was fourth in the 200, fifth in the 400 and 10th in the 100.
Results were not available from the March 14 meet.
Recommended Stories For You
Incline is scheduled to compete in the Northwest Invitational at McQueen High School this Saturday, March 21.
Trending In: Sports
- Currys haven’t yet set bet, but thrilled to be in Tahoe for ACC
- Stanley Cup champion T.J. Oshie donation fetches highest bid at Gene Upshaw Golf Classic
- Tahoe Fund announces 2018 Signature Projects
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- Breaking down Lake Tahoe’s best kayak trip along West Shore