Incoming storm forces Far West to postpone weekend racing at Squaw
January 3, 2019
Far West Skiing announced on Thursday, Jan. 3 that this weekend’s U14 giant slalom events have been postponed.
The Saturday and Sunday races were pushed back due to a storm forecast to hit the region this weekend, according to a post on FWSkiing.org, and new dates for the events will be announced soon.
The next races on the schedule for the U14 division will be slalom and giant slalom events on Jan. 12-13 at Bear Valley.
Several Far West races will still be contested this weekend as members of the U16 division and older head to Mammoth Mountain Ski Area for the annual Minaret Challenge. The competition begins on Friday with the first of two days of slalom racing, followed by Sunday’s giant slalom event.
For more information, visit fwskiiing.org.
Trending In: Sports
- Tahoe races recognized by nation’s oldest association of running organizations
- North Tahoe’s Anderson, Murnane win high school Nordic opener at Sugar Bowl
- Lakers skiers look to continue winning ways at Alpine Meadows
- Ski wrap: Hurt leads Nor-Am Cup standings as tour heads to US
- North Tahoe’s Lady Lakers ride to second straight slalom win at Alpine Meadows
- (VIDEO) Winter storm expected to deliver several feet of snow to local ski resorts; up to 2 feet in Truckee, Tahoe
- Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe sells for $120 million
- Update: Truckee police clear scene in Glenshire area, shelter in place order lifted
- Update: National Weather Service issues blizzard warning for Truckee-Tahoe area; chain controls in place on I-80