Lady Wolverines fall in doubleheader at Dayton
March 19, 2018
It was a rough Class 3a Northern League opener for the Lady Wolverines softball team as Dayton topped Truckee by double digits in a pair of games on Monday, March 19.
Truckee was scheduled to face Dayton at home for three games over the weekend, but due to snow on the Wolverines’ field the contests were moved to Dayton.
The Wolverines struggled to open the series, falling 18-0 in the first game after five innings of play due to the 10-run rule.
The girls then suffered a 15-1 defeat after five innings of play in the following game. The team’s lone rune came in the second inning when center fielder Casie Barnum hit a single to score first baseman Stephanie Randall.
Truckee now sits at 0-5 overall and 0-2 in league play.
Trending In: Sports
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- World-class granite: Local climbing outfits help to access Truckee-Donner’s unparalleled routes
- Squaw Valley Kids Adventures Games returns for fifth year
- Dayton high school denied request to play in easier division
- Truckee Tahoe Junior Golf Tour opens season