Lake Tahoe athletes represent at USASA National Championships
April 4, 2006
The United States of American Snowboard Association (USASA) North Tahoe Snowboard Series and South Tahoe Snowboard Series dominated the competition at the USASA National Championship at Northstar-at-Tahoe last week.
South Tahoe Series took home a total of 104 medals: 32 gold, 43 silver and 29 bronze. North Tahoe Series earned 78 medals: 33 gold, 23 silver and 22 bronze.
The Copper Mountain Series received a total of 88 medals: 43 gold, 25 silver and 20 bronze. The Southern Vermont Series received a total of 82 medals: 30 gold, 31 silver and 21 bronze.
The event drew more than 1,450 of the best amateur snowboard and freeski competitors from across the U.S. to compete in 25 events within the five days of competition.
First Place”South Lake Tahoe Series
32 Gold Medals
Recommended Stories For You
43 Silver Medals
29 Bronze Medals
104 Total Medals
Second Place”Copper Mountain Series
43 Gold Medals
25 Silver Medals
20 Bronze Medals
88 Total Medals
Third Place”Southern Vermont Series
30 Gold Medals
31 Silver Medals
21 Bronze Medals
82 Total Medals
Fourth Place”North Lake Tahoe Series
33 Gold Medals
23 Silver Medals
22 Bronze Medals
78 Total Medals
For individual and complete results, visit the USASA Web site at http://www.usasa.org.
Trending In: Sports
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Placer County Office of Education Board of Trustees
- Truckee Town Council candidates talk affordable housing, General Plan (VIDEO)
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search
- Now boarding: 5 candidates vie for Truckee Tahoe Airport Board (VIDEO)
- Two arrested at Truckee Rite Aid on burglary, drug charges