Lake Tahoe Community College men’s soccer stays unbeaten, ranked No. 8 nationally
September 13, 2017
The Lake Tahoe Community College men received its highest ever in-season ranking on Tuesday, Sept. 12, when the United Soccer Coaches Junior College Division III Men's National Poll was released.
The Coyotes are unbeaten through seven games (5-0-2) and are ranked No. 8 in the nation. They moved up four spots from the previous poll published a week earlier.
"We are extremely honored," said head coach Nicholas Arbelaez. "It's all about the players and the hard work they've put in since day one. We are so young, but to reach these heights so early is quite an honor. As coaches, we work hard all year to develop relationships with these athletes and it's a testament to them where we are. Hard work is still ahead of us, but we are humbled to be eighth in the nation."
Lake Tahoe was 4-0-1 when the poll was released and went 1-0-1 with a victory Sunday, Sept. 10, and a tie Friday, Sept. 8.
The Coyotes got four goals from four different players as they trounced De Anza 4-1 Sunday at home. Francisco Serrano, Sean Keith, Jose Estrada, Manny Sarabia each found the back of the net for the victory.
The Coyotes tied American River 3-3 on Friday, Sept. 8. in Sacramento. Lake Tahoe next will visit San Francisco City College at 4 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 15.
Trending In: Sports
- Truckee Tahoe Golf Tour: Cup champions crowned at Gray’s Crossing
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- Course records shattered at Sierra Crest Ultra Run at Donner Summit
- Breaking down Lake Tahoe’s best kayak trip along West Shore
- Ta-Hoe Nalu Paddle Festival makes it a dozen years on Lake Tahoe, despite concern over wildfires