Lake Tahoe Escape Triathlon canceled
May 30, 2018
Only a few months after announcing the inaugural Lake Tahoe Escape Triathlon, race organizers have decided to pull the plug on the first-year event.
The triathlon was canceled, according to race organizers, due to low early registration numbers.
Organizers had previously said they were expecting to draw roughly 1,000 competitors for the Sept. 16 race with the goal of attracting 1,500 racers. The event would have served as a qualifier for the Escape From Alcatraz Triathlon.
Justin Scacco is a reporter for the Sierra Sun. Contact him at jscacco@Sierrasun.com.
Trending In: Sports
- Nevada County customers lose home insurance; some see double, triple increases
- John Ward: Airport Board member Lisa Wallace’s apology falls short
- Truckee, North Tahoe skiers dominate first race of high school season
- Tahoe City moving forward with affordable housing project
- Sierra cinema: Tahoe-Truckee has been the setting for 100 years of feature film