Lake Tahoe Triathlon kicks off at Ed Z’berg Sugar Pine Point State Park on Aug. 26
August 25, 2017
Big Blue Adventure's will host the annual Lake Tahoe Triathlon this weekend with seven different races taking place on Saturday, Aug. 26, and Sunday, Aug. 27.
The racing will kickoff on Saturday at Ed Z'berg Sugar Pine Point State Park with the shorter Sprint Triathlon, followed by the Lake Tahoe Open Water Swim with distances of one-half mile, 1.2 miles, and 2.4 miles. The Lake Tahoe Splash and Dash Youth Aquathon, which will feature a run and swim for children ages 4-15, will follow the open water swim.
Sunday's racing will kickoff at 7 a.m. with the Lake Tahoe Triathlon Half, the Lake Tahoe Triathlon Olympic, Lake Tahoe Duathlon (running and biking), and the Lake Tahoe Aquabike, which features a 1.2-mile swim and a 56-mile bike ride.
Online registration for Sunday's races closes at 8 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 25 and can be done at LakeTahoeTri.com. Onsite registration will also be available for both days of racing.
Trending In: Sports
- Injured skier rescued off Jobs Peak after avalanche
- Squaw Valley couple launches YouTube channel featuring athletic exploits
- Eastern U.S. snowboard company lands at Squaw Valley as part of wild ride through country
- Squaw Valley’s Cashman picks up Nor-Am win at Snow King
- Truckee girls, North Tahoe boys open postseason