Lake Tahoe Triathlon kicks off at Ed Z’berg Sugar Pine Point State Park on Aug. 26
August 25, 2017
Big Blue Adventure's will host the annual Lake Tahoe Triathlon this weekend with seven different races taking place on Saturday, Aug. 26, and Sunday, Aug. 27.
The racing will kickoff on Saturday at Ed Z'berg Sugar Pine Point State Park with the shorter Sprint Triathlon, followed by the Lake Tahoe Open Water Swim with distances of one-half mile, 1.2 miles, and 2.4 miles. The Lake Tahoe Splash and Dash Youth Aquathon, which will feature a run and swim for children ages 4-15, will follow the open water swim.
Sunday's racing will kickoff at 7 a.m. with the Lake Tahoe Triathlon Half, the Lake Tahoe Triathlon Olympic, Lake Tahoe Duathlon (running and biking), and the Lake Tahoe Aquabike, which features a 1.2-mile swim and a 56-mile bike ride.
Online registration for Sunday's races closes at 8 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 25 and can be done at LakeTahoeTri.com. Onsite registration will also be available for both days of racing.
Trending In: Sports
- America’s greatest biathlete holds camp at Auburn Ski Club
- Legendary Coach Harry Marra leads Truckee track camp
- Leipheimer and Truckee’s Julie Young claim Tahoe Trail 100 titles
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- Breaking down Lake Tahoe’s best kayak trip along West Shore
- Two dead, one critically injured in Truckee airplane crash
- Carson City woman admits to fatal DUI at Lake Tahoe
- UPDATE: A second passenger dead, 1 in critical condition due to plane crash this morning (VIDEO)
- UPDATE: Body found in Truckee River near Hwy 267 bypass bridge
- Ferguson Fire in Yosemite filling Lake Tahoe Basin with smoke