Little League report: A’s edge Cubs in 7 innings
May 10, 2010
League: Truckee Major Little League
Game: Cubs at Aand#8217;s, May 8
Score: Aand#8217;s 10, Cubs 9
Batting stars: The Aand#8217;s Logan Paschall had the key hit of the game to drive in the tying run in the bottom of the sixth inning. Jack Englert had three hits, scoring one run and driving in two. Joe Walker also had two hits while scoring a run and driving in two. Trevor Talpas, Miles Guiragossian, Max Wingard and Domenick Tanietti also had hits. Domenick also scored the winning run in the bottom of the seventh inning.
Fielding stars: Joe Walker came in to relieve in the fifth inning and finished that inning and the sixth striking out four and letting only one run score. Max Wingard came in for the seventh inning and shut down the Cubs with two strikeouts.
General: What a fun game! The Cubs and Aand#8217;s went back and forth into the lead and the Aand#8217;s scored twice in the bottom of the sixth to tie the game. The game was then suspended and resumed Saturday, with the Aand#8217;s eking out a win by scoring a run in the bottom of the seventh.
Recommended Stories For You
and#8212; Submitted by John Pratt, Truckee Major Aand#8217;s Coach. E-mailed to Sports Editor Sylas Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trending In: Sports
- Investigation continues on man found on Truckee railroad tracks
- Man with knife apprehended in possible Truckee stabbing
- Truckee Traffic Report: Route 89 one-way operation; Westbound I-80 lane closure
- Tahoe Housing Trouble Part 3: Local entities aim to crack Tahoe’s housing crunch
- Wolverines make statement with win over Fernley