Truckee football topples Fallon 28-12 behind strong rushing attack
September 3, 2016
TRUCKEE, Calif. — The Truckee football team overcame an early deficit and rode a strong rushing attack to defeat visiting Fallon (Churchill County) 28-12 Saturday afternoon at Surprise Stadium.
Truckee was fueled by a pair of touchdown runs from Carson McCarron, as well as a touchdown rush from Wulfe Retzlaff and a rushing score from Cole Harrity.
After falling behind 6-0 in the first quarter, the Wolverines rattled off 21 straight points, capped by a 3-yard score from McCarron early in the fourth quarter.
Fallon answered with a 43-yard touchdown pass, but McCarron sealed the win with a tackle-breaking 44-yard touchdown run with 7:29 left.
The Wolverines improve to 2-0 on the season, while Fallon (the defending NIAA Division I-A state champion) falls to 1-1.
Look below for coverage and highlights from the game; read more next week at SierraSun.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Sun Snapshots: Northstar ice rink covered in snow
- Old Trestle launches Truckee’s first distillery in 100 years
- Truckee Donner Land Trust, Squaw Valley Public Service District to buy piece of Olympic Valley
- Winter storm warning in effect for Truckee-Tahoe area
- News Briefs: South Lake Tahoe man accused of killing roommate with piece of firewood