Local aces par-4 at Lahontan
October 15, 2006
Truckee resident Bob Toliver shot a rare hole-in-one at Lahontan’s 290-yard, par 4 ninth hole on Sept. 29.
Toliver teed off with a driver at the urging of his witnesses, Tom Clark and Lahontan members Jim Casey and Steve Degenero. The ball flew toward the green as the foursome watched it disappear into a valley on the fairway, reappear on the green and roll into the hole.
According to Dean Knuth of Golf World magazine, there are approximately 40,000 holes in one per year made in the U.S., compared to just a couple hundred double-eagles.
This was Toliver’s fourth hole in one.
Trending In: Sports
- America’s greatest biathlete holds camp at Auburn Ski Club
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- Breaking down Lake Tahoe’s best kayak trip along West Shore
- Romo rallies to win first American Century Championship
- Currys haven’t yet set bet, but thrilled to be in Tahoe for ACC