Local aces par-4 at Lahontan
October 15, 2006
Truckee resident Bob Toliver shot a rare hole-in-one at Lahontan’s 290-yard, par 4 ninth hole on Sept. 29.
Toliver teed off with a driver at the urging of his witnesses, Tom Clark and Lahontan members Jim Casey and Steve Degenero. The ball flew toward the green as the foursome watched it disappear into a valley on the fairway, reappear on the green and roll into the hole.
According to Dean Knuth of Golf World magazine, there are approximately 40,000 holes in one per year made in the U.S., compared to just a couple hundred double-eagles.
This was Toliver’s fourth hole in one.
Trending In: Sports
- Injured skier rescued off Jobs Peak after avalanche
- Squaw Valley couple launches YouTube channel featuring athletic exploits
- Eastern U.S. snowboard company lands at Squaw Valley as part of wild ride through country
- Squaw Valley’s Cashman picks up Nor-Am win at Snow King
- Truckee girls, North Tahoe boys open postseason