Local aces par-4 at Lahontan
October 15, 2006
Truckee resident Bob Toliver shot a rare hole-in-one at Lahontan’s 290-yard, par 4 ninth hole on Sept. 29.
Toliver teed off with a driver at the urging of his witnesses, Tom Clark and Lahontan members Jim Casey and Steve Degenero. The ball flew toward the green as the foursome watched it disappear into a valley on the fairway, reappear on the green and roll into the hole.
According to Dean Knuth of Golf World magazine, there are approximately 40,000 holes in one per year made in the U.S., compared to just a couple hundred double-eagles.
This was Toliver’s fourth hole in one.
Trending In: Sports
- Churchill County defeats Truckee for 3A state championship (GALLERY)
- Work to be done: Nevada County economic model is unsustainable
- Truckee Town Council race too tight to call
- Council approval moves Grocery Outlet project forward in Truckee
- Truckee Town Council moves forward with McIver Dairy restoration