Marlette 50K takes place on Aug. 13
August 10, 2017
The annual Marlette 50K and 10 Miler will take place on Sunday, Aug. 13, taking runners on race through trails around Marlette and Spooner Lake.
The 50-kilometer route will have 5,353 feet of elevation gain and 5,389 feet of loss, as competitors make their way along single track with views of Lake Tahoe and Carson Valley.
The 10-mile race will begin at Spponer Lake, and then head to North Cayon Trail, to the south shore of Marlette Lake,and to the Marlette Lake Train, before heading back to the finish line at Spooner Lake.
Online registration for the races is open until 8 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 11, and costs $95 for the 50-kilometer race, and $65 for the 10-mile run. Onsite registration will also be available at a price of $105, and $75.
The race will conclude with a barbecue, music, and beverages. Awards will be handed out based on age group and gender.
Trending In: Sports
- Injured skier rescued off Jobs Peak after avalanche
- Squaw Valley couple launches YouTube channel featuring athletic exploits
- Eastern U.S. snowboard company lands at Squaw Valley as part of wild ride through country
- Squaw Valley’s Cashman picks up Nor-Am win at Snow King
- Truckee girls, North Tahoe boys open postseason