August 3, 2018
As darkness crept over Donner Lake on Friday, July 27, a group of roughly two dozen swimmers entered the waters off West End Beach for one of the area's little known summer traditions.
For the past half decade swimmers have met at Donner during a night lit by a full moon with glow sticks in hand for a swim across the lake.
The swimmers are accompanied by a support crew on paddleboards and in canoes, helping assure a safe crossing of Donner Lake during the annual event.
Trending In: Sports
- Truckee Town Council approves Grocery Outlet
- Kurt Reinkens: Affordable living with Grocery Outlet unlocks affordable housing
- Truckee Town Council race still too close to call
- Updated results still shows close race for Truckee Town Council
- ELECTION: Hetherington, Jones battle for second airport board seat