University of Nevada, Reno No. 23 in latest college basketball Associated Press Top 25 Poll
February 5, 2018
After two wins last week the University of Nevada men’s basketball team is 23rd in the Feb. 5 Associated Press Poll released Monday, Feb. 5. Nevada also is ranked 23rd in the USA Today Coaches Poll.
The Wolf Pack is 20-4 on the season and atop the Mountain West standings at 9-1.
The current No. 23 ranking is Nevada’s third appearance of the season in the AP Poll. The Pack appeared at No. 22 in the AP poll and No. 24 in the USA Today Coaches Poll on Dec. 4. In the Jan. 22 AP Poll the Wolf Pack was 23rd and received votes in the USA Today Coaches Poll.
Nevada is the first nationally-ranked team from the Mountain West since March 2015 (Boise State, No. 25 in AP Top 25 and San Diego State, No. 25 in USA Today Coaches Poll).
In the 2006-07 season Nevada appeared in the Coaches Poll 20 times and attained the highest ranking in school history at No. 9 in the Feb. 27, 2007 poll. The Pack was ranked for 19 weeks in the Associated Press poll that same season.
Prior to this year Nevada has appeared in the national polls in just three seasons: 2004-05, 2005-06 and in 2006-07.
Recommended Stories For You
The Pack has two home games this week with intrastate rival UNLV on Wednesday and San Diego State Saturday. To purchase tickets go to NevadaWolfPack.com or call 775-348-PACK.
Trending In: Sports
- Tahoe races recognized by nation’s oldest association of running organizations
- North Tahoe’s Anderson, Murnane win high school Nordic opener at Sugar Bowl
- Ski wrap: Hurt leads Nor-Am Cup standings as tour heads to US
- Lakers skiers look to continue winning ways at Alpine Meadows
- North Tahoe’s Lady Lakers ride to second straight slalom win at Alpine Meadows
- (VIDEO) Winter storm expected to deliver several feet of snow to local ski resorts; up to 2 feet in Truckee, Tahoe
- Truckee fire truck stolen, crashed in Tahoe City
- Town of Truckee looking to relocate downtown transit center
- Humane Society of Truckee-Tahoe now serves as a lakewide pet care, resource network
- Chief’s Corner: How to stay on the road, and safe, this winter