Nordic racing: Tav Streit, Beth Reid win Royal Gorge Midseason Freestyle
March 3, 2010
Tav Streit edged Rick Reynolds and Phill Violett in a tightly contested Royal Gorge Midseason Freestyle race on Sunday.
Streit posted a winning time of 24 minutes, 19.4 seconds on the 10-kilometer course, while Reynolds finished right on his heels in 24:20.4, and Violett was another second back in 24:21.4.
Beth Reid raced to a top finish among women and eighth place overall with a time of 25:37.9, and Kara LaPoint finished runner-up among women and ninth overall in 26:03.9. Ekatarina Vimogradova was the third woman finisher, posting a time of 26:07.9.
Terry Dayley was fourth overall, followed by Jeff Schloss, Ben Grasseschi and Chris McGovern. Henry Mack rounded out the top 10.
In the 5-kilometer race, Skyler Mullings placed first with a time of 20:30.3. Marc Chew took second in 27:26.4 and Donelda Bernard was third (27:32.9).
Elise Rust won the 2-kilometer race in 13:10.1. Ian Smith was second (15:23.1) and Kianna Mullings third (15:28.6).
Recommended Stories For You
For complete results, visit http://www.farwestnordic.org.
Trending In: Sports
- Squaw Valley couple launches YouTube channel featuring athletic exploits
- Eastern U.S. snowboard company lands at Squaw Valley as part of wild ride through country
- Squaw Valley’s Cashman picks up Nor-Am win at Snow King
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- Truckee man in good health after near-fatal ski accident in Russia