Nordic racing: Tav Streit wins snowy Sierra Skogsloppet
January 19, 2010
More than 160 nordic skiers braved whiteout conditions to compete in the Sierra Skogsloppet at Tahoe Donner Cross Country on Monday.
Tav Streit raced to a first-place finish overall in the 15-kilometer race with a time of 40:12, while Chelsea Holmes placed first among women in 45:57.
The event was a Junior Olympic Qualifier and Masters Challenge race, as well as a fundraiser for the Truckee High and Alder Creek Middle School nordic teams.
Austin Meng finished runner-up just 3 seconds behind Streit with a time of 40:15, while Adam Wright rounded out the top-three in 41:27, Jeff Schloss finished fourth in 42:07 and Rick Reynolds was fifth in 42:41.
Kara LaPoint placed second among women with a time of 46:02, Kari Rust finished third in 46:55, Julie Young was fourth in 48:56 and Beth Thomas fifth in 50:20.
Patrick McElravey won the 5K race with a time of 16:32 and Annika Taylor was the top girl in 17:46, while Ryland Belisle won the 2K in 6:19 and Elise Rust was the first girl in 6:42.
Trending In: Sports
- Rally for Rasta Stevie: Tahoe community comes together to support self-described ski bum, emcee
- Local skiing legend Mancuso announces pregnancy
- Pain McShlonkey returns to Squaw Valley this weekend
- Michelle Parker, Ben Paciotti claim Golden Saucers at Pain McShlonkey Hot Dog Downhill
- Truckee youngsters look to pin down gold at state