Nordic racing | Teague, Reid win Summit to Wildy at Royal Gorge
March 29, 2012
August Teague and Joanne Reid raced to first-place finishes, respectively, in the 10-kilometer Summit to Wildy Nordic ski race held at Royal Gorge this past Sunday.
A total of 38 people took part in the 10K and another 10 raced the 5K, which was won by Skyler Mullings and Savannah Blide.
Teague posted a time of 25:47.4 to claim the win ahead of Jeff Schloss, who finished in 26:49.3. Michael Collins rounded out the top three in 26:56.0, while Peter Hanson (26:56.4) came in fourth and Evan Vomund (26:59.3) was fifth.
Reid finished sixth overall and first among women in a time of 27:05.1. She was followed by Cathy Howard, who was the third woman and 15th overall in 29:31.1, and Beth Thomas, who finished one place back in 29:31.6. Debbie Haakanson was the fourth woman and 17th overall in 29:44.6, and Adele Epsy was the fifth woman and 19th overall in 30:48.9.
Joe Dengler was seventh overall, followed by Gus Johnson, Ambrose Tuscano and Elias Bucher.
In the 5K, Mullings took the win with a time of 18:35.2, while Blide was first among female racers and second overall in 20:46.8. Ryland Belisle finished third in 20:50.8 and was trailed by Celia Arnold in 23:58.6 and Sina Arnold in 26:58.4.
Trending In: Sports
- Nevada County customers lose home insurance; some see double, triple increases
- French Meadows Restoration Project reaches final approval
- ‘A TOTAL DIFFERENT LIFETIME’: All-female grunge group ready to rock Art Truckee (VIDEO)
- Tahoe Fit, new fitness studio, to open in Tahoe City
- Last of Tahoe’s downhill resorts set to open this week