Nordic racing: Violett wins Paco’s President’s Cup Race
February 18, 2010
Phillip Violett raced to a first-place finish overall while Julie Young won the women’s wave of Paco’s President’s Cup Race at Tahoe Donner Cross Country on Monday.
Tav Streit finished runner-up, posting a time of 39:09 to Violett’s 37:54 in the 15-kilometer race. Beth Reid, who raced in the men’s wave, finished third overall in 39:48, and was followed by Rick Reynolds in fourth (40:09) and Ben Grasseschi in fifth (40:10). Jeff Schloss, Peter Hanson, Danny Buchanan, David Stover and Glenn Jobe rounded out the top-10.
In the women’s wave, Debbie Hakansson placed second in 46:15, just one second behind Young’s winning mark of 46:14. Beth Thomas was third with a time of 46:17, followed by Laura Stern in fourth (47:28) and June Lane in fifth (50:56). Mischel Sable, Martha Bellisle, Margie LaPoint and Lucas Sokolsky rounded out the top-10 in the women’s wave.
Raylene Chew won the 7.5-kilometer race with a time of 23:53, while Skyler Mullings took second (23:55), Jeff Stein third (24:52), Kelly Habibi fourth (25:04) and Hannah Halvorsen fifth (25:31).
A total of 145 people are listed as finishers between the three race waves.
To view or purchase photos from the race, visit http://www.macbethgraphics.com.
Trending In: Sports
- Nevada County customers lose home insurance; some see double, triple increases
- French Meadows Restoration Project reaches final approval
- ‘A TOTAL DIFFERENT LIFETIME’: All-female grunge group ready to rock Art Truckee (VIDEO)
- Old Tahoe City firehouse could get a makeover
- Tahoe Fit, new fitness studio, to open in Tahoe City