North Tahoe baseball: Lakers end season at league-leading Whittell
May 7, 2010
The Laker baseball team lost both ends of a doubleheader at league-leading Whittell this past weekend to end the season.
After dropping the first game 11-1, North Tahoe used a strong pitching performance from sophomore Brendon Arnold to keep the Warriors offense in check in a 6-2 loss.
The Lakers finished 2-10 in Northern 2A league play and 2-11 overall. Whittell improved to 9-1 in league and is 22-3 overall.
Arnold started and went the distance in Game 2. He allowed just three earned runs on nine hits and three walks while striking out five.
His Laker team had three hits in the game, as Arnold, Oakley Keeler and Brian Tidd each came through with a base hit. Arnold and Tidd contributed an RBI apiece, while Colin Spencer and Arnold each had a stolen base.
Tidd had North Tahoeand#8217;s only hit and RBI in Game 1. Spencer started pitching, lasting five innings before Tidd came on in relief. Spencer gave up three earned runs (seven total) on six hits with eight strikeouts, while Whittell scored four unearned runs (zero earned) against Tidd in his one inning.
Trending In: Sports
- Truckee Town Council approves Grocery Outlet
- Truckee Town Council race still too close to call
- Kurt Reinkens: Affordable living with Grocery Outlet unlocks affordable housing
- Updated results still shows close race for Truckee Town Council
- ELECTION: Hetherington, Jones battle for second airport board seat