North Tahoe basketball: Boys rout Coleville on road
February 11, 2016
The North Tahoe boys basketball team snapped an eight-game losing streak with a 61-16 nonleague win at Coleville on Tuesday.
The Lakers jumped out to an 18-2 lead after one quarter and extended the margin to 32-6 by the half and 48-9 by the end of the third quarter.
Senior guard Andy Morgan led North Tahoe with 14 points, while Teddy Gibeaut contributed 11 points, Max Burkhart scored nine, Drew Austin eight and Nick Joslin five. Colron Nordby had four blocks.
North Tahoe's girls lost 39-23. Coleville senior Shaylor McCann scored a game-high 17 points. North Tahoe stats were not available.
The Lakers end the season with league games against Yerington on Saturday — the girls at 2 p.m. and the boys at 3:30.
Trending In: Sports
- Squaw Valley’s Cashman picks up Nor-Am win at Snow King
- Squaw Valley couple launches YouTube channel featuring athletic exploits
- Eastern U.S. snowboard company lands at Squaw Valley as part of wild ride through country
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- Truckee man in good health after near-fatal ski accident in Russia