North Tahoe basketball | Colin Spencer posts double-double in rout
December 13, 2012
The North Tahoe boys basketball team routed Coleville 61-25 on the road Tuesday.
Senior forward Colin Spencer posted a game-high 22 points and 15 rebounds to lead the way for the Lakers. North Tahoe junior point guard Alex Tyler put in 17 points, and sophomore Mitchell Myers scored 10 points.
First-year head coach Frank Wright said the Lakers played a “horrible” first half before redeeming themselves with a hot-shooting second half.
“They’re starting to come together,” Wright said. “They’re figuring out that they have to play the whole game to win. We started slow but picked it up. It was a good win.”
North Tahoe, which improved to 4-4 overall, is scheduled to host North Valleys on Saturday at 2 p.m. The Lakers then hit the road to face Silver Stage on Tuesday and Quincy on Dec. 21.
Trending In: Sports
- Dialysis doesn’t stop Truckee’s Josalyn Brown
- North Tahoe’s Mercogliano finishes prolific career as league MVP
- Truckee’s Ryan Funk wins first Junior SUP World Championship
- Tahoe Donner Downhill Ski Resort celebrates season opener with new triple chairlift (VIDEO)
- Truckee man in good health after near-fatal ski accident in Russia