North Tahoe basketball | Warriors pull away from Laker boys
February 1, 2012
ZEPHYR COVE, Nev. and#8212; Whittell’s full-court pressure was enough to wobble the North Tahoe offense on Tuesday night, as the Warriors cruised to a 65-47 win in Zephyr Cove.
The end of the first quarter left Whittell with a 17-9 lead and 10 fouls between the Mount Rose League schools.
The Lakers found themselves back in the game after a couple of three-point plays, though, along with multiple baskets by Brendon Arnold early in the second quarter.
North Tahoe point guard Alex Tyler made it 19-17, but Whittell never gave up the lead. Back-to-back field goals by Garrett Bronken put Whittell up 23-17, and the Warriors went into the half up 28-21.
North Tahoe struggled at the line in the first half, making only eight of 20. The second half started with the Warriors jumping to a 41-26 lead midway through the third quarter.
Austin Neil led Whittell with 15 points, followed by Bronken with 12 points. Arnold led North Tahoe with 12 points.
Trending In: Sports
- Injured skier rescued off Jobs Peak after avalanche
- Squaw Valley couple launches YouTube channel featuring athletic exploits
- Eastern U.S. snowboard company lands at Squaw Valley as part of wild ride through country
- Squaw Valley’s Cashman picks up Nor-Am win at Snow King
- Truckee girls, North Tahoe boys open postseason