North Tahoe boys’ basketball opens season with overtime loss at Quincy
November 29, 2017
The North Tahoe boys' basketball team opened the 2017-18 season on the road on Tuesday, Nov. 28, and suffered a 68-61 overtime loss to Quincy.
The two squads remained close throughout the contest, and were knotted 56-56 at the end of regulation before Quincy outscored the Lakers 12-5 in overtime to take the win.
North Tahoe saw a monster night from senior Ted Gibeaut, who dropped 33 points on 13 of 24 shooting. Junior Ryan Martinez was the Lakers' next leading scorer with nine points.
Gibeaut, junior Warren Fekeith, and junior Ricardo Martinez led the Lakers with six rebounds each. Martinez hauled in four offensive boards on the night.
Class 2A North Tahoe will next face Class 3A Truckee at the Truckee Classic on Thursday, Nov. 30.
The Lakers won't play on their home court until Dec. 12 against Portola.
Trending In: Sports
- Halvorsen, Mullings win California-Nevada Nordic state championships
- Olympic preview: Truckee-Tahoe athletes reach Pyeongchang
- Sugar Bowl skiers capture Nordic state championships
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- Bryce Bennett finishes 16th in men’s Olympic downhill
- Interstate 80 traffic backed up for miles because of snowstorm, road conditions
- California tax law woes mean Northern Nevada luxury spending is on the rise
- Truckee Planning Commission to review Grocery Outlet modification plan
- Update: Chain restrictions have been lifted for vehicles on I-80; trucks must carry chains
- Update: Chains required on I-80 from Nyack Road to the Nevada state line; westbound vehicles being turned at Donner Lake Interchange, Truckee due to spinouts