North Tahoe boys’ basketball opens season with overtime loss at Quincy
November 29, 2017
The North Tahoe boys' basketball team opened the 2017-18 season on the road on Tuesday, Nov. 28, and suffered a 68-61 overtime loss to Quincy.
The two squads remained close throughout the contest, and were knotted 56-56 at the end of regulation before Quincy outscored the Lakers 12-5 in overtime to take the win.
North Tahoe saw a monster night from senior Ted Gibeaut, who dropped 33 points on 13 of 24 shooting. Junior Ryan Martinez was the Lakers' next leading scorer with nine points.
Gibeaut, junior Warren Fekeith, and junior Ricardo Martinez led the Lakers with six rebounds each. Martinez hauled in four offensive boards on the night.
Class 2A North Tahoe will next face Class 3A Truckee at the Truckee Classic on Thursday, Nov. 30.
The Lakers won't play on their home court until Dec. 12 against Portola.
Trending In: Sports
- Dialysis doesn’t stop Truckee’s Josalyn Brown
- North Tahoe’s Mercogliano finishes prolific career as league MVP
- Last of Tahoe’s downhill resorts set to open this week
- Sugar Bowl offers half-off tickets for toy donations to Camp Fire victims
- Truckee man in good health after near-fatal ski accident in Russia