North Tahoe golf | Daniels leads Laker girls in state tune-up
October 5, 2011
Incline senior Grace Dolan shot an 83 for medalist honors, while Kylie Daniels led North Tahoe at a Northern 2A girlsand#8217; golf tournament at Eagle Valley last Thursday.
Daniels shot a 106 to lead the Lakersand#8217; trio, which also included Isabelle Schenone, who carded a 117, and Abii Johnson, who posted a 136.
Yeringtonand#8217;s girls played only nine holes before having to get back for some homecoming activities. North Tahoe and Incline had only three golfers each and thus did not record team scores, which requires four players.
Dolanand#8217;s win marked her fourth of the season. Incline teammate Devi Meyers, a freshman, finished runner-up to Dolan with a 94, and Inclineand#8217;s Brooke Ruhl rounded out the Highlandersand#8217; scores with a 128.
In the past matches this year, the Northern 2A schools played the and#8220;double parand#8221; rule where girls picked up their balls after a double-par score to move things along quicker. But at Eagle Valley they did not play with that rule, instead opting to have the girls keep track of every stroke in preparation for the 2A State Championship next week.
At state, North Tahoe will bring a complete team of four golfers, said head coach Bill Freeman. Incline, meanwhile, will only have three, and will compete for individual results.
Trending In: Sports
- Tahoe races recognized by nation’s oldest association of running organizations
- North Tahoe’s Anderson, Murnane win high school Nordic opener at Sugar Bowl
- Lakers skiers look to continue winning ways at Alpine Meadows
- Ski wrap: Hurt leads Nor-Am Cup standings as tour heads to US
- North Tahoe’s Lady Lakers ride to second straight slalom win at Alpine Meadows
- (VIDEO) Winter storm expected to deliver several feet of snow to local ski resorts; up to 2 feet in Truckee, Tahoe
- Truckee fire truck stolen, crashed in Tahoe City
- Town of Truckee looking to relocate downtown transit center
- Humane Society of Truckee-Tahoe now serves as a lakewide pet care, resource network
- Chief’s Corner: How to stay on the road, and safe, this winter