North Tahoe golf: Lakers get final tune-up before postseason
May 10, 2010
The Lakers finished third at Spring Creek this past Friday in a 3A tournament that served as a final tune-up before the Northern 2A regional championship.
Regionals are scheduled for Thursday, May 13 at Edgewood Tahoe Golf Course in South Lake Tahoe. The top three teams from regionals advance to state May 17-18 in Las Vegas.
Lowry, the first-place team in the Northern 3A, took first in the tournament with a team score of 392. Host Spring Creek was second with a 395 and North Tahoe third with a 433, followed by Fernley (445), Dayton (459), Hawthorne (478), Yerington (487) and Sparks (557).
Truckee did not post a team score due to a lack of players, although senior Allan Nousiainen fired the third-lowest score of the day with a 73. Hawthorne’s Foster Kenton shot a 72 to take first individually, while North Tahoe senior Alec Griffith shot a 79 to lead the Lakers and tie for seventh overall.
Among other North Tahoe players, Buster Fenley shot an 83, Travis Boerner shot an 86, Trevor Semmons a 91, Connor Whaley a 94 and Andrew Hill a 96.
With the Lakers now preparing for zones, North Tahoe head coach Dick Tomlinson said Griffith, Fenley and Boerner are all locks to represent the team, while Hill, Semmons, Whaley, Eliot Headley and Craig Munro will play an 18-hole qualifier to determine the last three spots in the big playoff shootout against the entire Northern 2A.
Trending In: Sports
- Update: Truckee police actively working case involving suspect with a firearm in Glenshire area
- Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe sells for $120 million
- Update: National Weather Service issues blizzard warning for Truckee-Tahoe area; chain controls in place on I-80
- Cessna does tail-stand at Truckee Tahoe Airport
- Weather service: ‘Life threatening’ conditions persist at Lake Tahoe