North Tahoe Little League: Season kicks off with opening day at Preston Field
May 5, 2010
North Tahoe Little League kicked off on Saturday, May 1 with some 80 to 100 youth players attending opening ceremonies at Preston Field in Incline Village.
Between Tahoe City, Kings Beach and Incline Village, there are seven T Ball clubs for the 2010 season, nine in the Rookies division, seven in the Minor division and two in the Major division.
Teams from North Tahoe Little League will play each other, and the two Majors teams will include several games with the Truckee Majors.
The number of young players has spiked while, as usual, the older players have been pulled to other sports like spring soccer, newly formed lacrosse and year-round basketball.
This has required Kings Beach players to join with the Tahoe City players to form one team. Incline has formed its own and may increase to two major teams next year if numbers stay high from the Minors and Rookies.
The season lasts six weeks.
Recommended Stories For You
and#8212; Information provided by Steve Dolan.
Trending In: Sports
- Nevada County customers lose home insurance; some see double, triple increases
- John Ward: Airport Board member Lisa Wallace’s apology falls short
- Sierra cinema: Tahoe-Truckee has been the setting for 100 years of feature film
- Truckee, North Tahoe skiers dominate first race of high school season
- Tahoe City moving forward with affordable housing project