North Tahoe soccer | Boys win, girls lose against visiting Incline
October 1, 2010
The Laker boys defeated visiting Incline 3-0 on Thursday, while the North Tahoe girls lost 4-1.
Boysand#8217; head coach Beto Alcaraz said he was encouraged by the way his team played against the defending state champs.
and#8220;We played very well,and#8221; he said, and#8220;moving the ball around, hustling back and forth. It looks like the team is coming together.and#8221;
Hugo Moreno, Freddy Ramirez and Nico Monforte each scored a goal in the win, which improved the Lakersand#8217; record to 2-3-1 in Sierra League play. The Highlanders fell to 1-4-1 with the loss.
In the girlsand#8217; game, North Tahoe senior Sammi Schulte put the Lakers up 1-0 with an unassisted goal in the 25th minute. But the Highlanders stormed back after the half, scoring four unanswered goals for the win.
Inclineand#8217;s Kelsey Higgins tied the game just one minute into the second half, Haley Derr scored the go-ahead goal 8 minutes later, and Tori Oand#8217;Connor and Misha Gehring both scored in the final 10 minutes off corner kicks.
Recommended Stories For You
The North Tahoe and Incline girls share identical 2-3-1 records in Sierra League play.
Trending In: Sports
- Nevada County customers lose home insurance; some see double, triple increases
- French Meadows Restoration Project reaches final approval
- ‘A TOTAL DIFFERENT LIFETIME’: All-female grunge group ready to rock Art Truckee (VIDEO)
- Old Tahoe City firehouse could get a makeover
- Tahoe Fit, new fitness studio, to open in Tahoe City