North Tahoe soccer | Lakers shut out Longhorns on road
October 14, 2014
Both North Tahoe soccer teams won league games in shutout fashion at Battle Mountain on Friday, the girls by a 6-0 score and the boys 2-0.
Omar Cerda scored both goals in the Laker boys victory on assists from Lucas Earley and Angel Guerrero.
The North Tahoe girls heated up after a slow start to earn their second lopsided win of the season against the Longhorns — after a 9-0 win in Tahoe City last month.
The Lakers received goals from five different players. Bryn Anderson scored two goals, while Sophie Hudson, Maddie Cleeland, Emma DesLauriers and Johanna Gur scored one apiece. Jane Nall contributed an assist.
"The girls did a great job of creating movement and completing their passes," said North Tahoe coach Stephanie Bales.
Bales said Hudson's goal, which gave the Lakers a 2-0 lead, came on a free kick from outside the box, as Hudson hit an impressive ball into the top corner of the net.
Recommended Stories For You
DesLauriers scored hers by dribbling from the midfield, burning four defenders along the way, and burying a shot from just inside the box, Bales said.
The North Tahoe girls are now 6-2 in league play and the boys are 5-1.
Trending In: Sports
- Winter storm warning in effect for Truckee-Tahoe area
- Sun Snapshots: Northstar ice rink covered in snow
- Truckee Donner Land Trust, Squaw Valley Public Service District to buy piece of Olympic Valley
- West End Coffee and Tap plans moving forward in Truckee
- Sugar Bowl athletes put freeride skills on display in season opener