North Tahoe soccer: Mixed results for girls, boys at Sparks
October 2, 2008
The North Tahoe girls soccer team defeated host Sparks 2-0 in a Northern 3A Tahoe League game on Tuesday.
The Lakers are now 2-2 in league coming off their second straight win.
Senior co-team captain Sage Clark scored both North Tahoe goals, one on an assist from Sammi Schultz and the other from a Kelsey Wittels assist in the second half.
North Tahoe goalkeepers Kea Jolicoeur and Samantha Jeffers combined to preserve the shutout.
Lakers head coach Courtney Firth said her team did not play its prettiest game of the season, but the players made necessary adjustments after the half and stepped up their level of play to get the win.
The Laker boys did not fare as well, losing 2-0 at Sparks.
Recommended Stories For You
North Tahoe fell to 0-3-1 in the Northern 3A Tahoe League and 2-11-3 overall.
The Railroaders improved to 3-1 in Tahoe League play and 6-1 overall while running their win streak to six games, according the Sparks Daily Tribune.
Sparks head coach Frank Avilla expressed confidence in his team heading into next Tuesday’s league contest at Truckee.
“This win should propel us,” Avilla told the Sparks paper. “I know Truckee is better than they were before, but so are we. We are more disciplined than when we played the first time. We are getting ready. But we still can’t look by anybody.”
Trending In: Sports
- America’s greatest biathlete holds camp at Auburn Ski Club
- Legendary Coach Harry Marra leads Truckee track camp
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- Leipheimer and Truckee’s Julie Young claim Tahoe Trail 100 titles
- Breaking down Lake Tahoe’s best kayak trip along West Shore
- Two dead, one critically injured in Truckee airplane crash
- Carson City woman admits to fatal DUI at Lake Tahoe
- UPDATE: A second passenger dead, 1 in critical condition due to plane crash this morning (VIDEO)
- UPDATE: Body found in Truckee River near Hwy 267 bypass bridge
- Ferguson Fire in Yosemite filling Lake Tahoe Basin with smoke