North Tahoe soccer sweeps through Lowry
October 29, 2008
Both North Tahoe soccer teams defeated host Lowry in the penultimate regular-season games of the season Monday.
The Laker boys shut out the Buckaroos 4-0 while the Laker girls edged the Northern 3A Sagebrush League opponent 2-1.
Girls head coach Courtney Firth said the Lakers started out sluggishly after the three-plus-hour drive to Winnemucca. As a result they fell behind 1-0 early in the contest. It wasn’t until deep in the second half that North Tahoe picked up its game, she said.
“We finally stepped up and started playing our possession game. The next thing we knew it was 2-1,” Firth said.
North Tahoe senior Sage Clark put the visitors on the board, and teammate Lexi Dalmau-Jones followed shortly after with the go-ahead goal from about 35 yards out, Firth said.
In the boys’ game, the Lakers led 1-0 at the half before adding three more goals in the second frame, said North Tahoe head coach Beto Alcaraz. Laker goals came from Freddy Ramirez, Frankie Tenorio, Zach Rickenback and Manuel Torres.
Recommended Stories For You
With one Northern 3A Tahoe League contest remaining ” on Thursday at home against Sparks ” the boys are 1-5-1 in conference play and the girls 4-3.
Alcaraz was fairly certain Tuesday that no matter what happens against Sparks, his team has already earned the fourth seed entering playoffs. Firth said her team has secured the No. 2 playoff seed.
UP NEXT: The Lakers host Sparks on Thursday to end the regular season. The girls start at 3 p.m. and the boys at 5. Regional postseason play will be held from Nov. 6-8. Game locations and matchups are to be determined.
Trending In: Sports
- America’s greatest biathlete holds camp at Auburn Ski Club
- Legendary Coach Harry Marra leads Truckee track camp
- Leipheimer and Truckee’s Julie Young claim Tahoe Trail 100 titles
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- Breaking down Lake Tahoe’s best kayak trip along West Shore
- Two dead, one critically injured in Truckee airplane crash
- Carson City woman admits to fatal DUI at Lake Tahoe
- UPDATE: A second passenger dead, 1 in critical condition due to plane crash this morning (VIDEO)
- Ferguson Fire in Yosemite filling Lake Tahoe Basin with smoke
- UPDATE: Body found in Truckee River near Hwy 267 bypass bridge