North Tahoe softball | Grijalva homers to lead Lakers
March 28, 2012
The North Tahoe softball team dropped both ends of a Mount Rose League doubleheader against South Tahoe in Carson City on Saturday by scores of 15-3 and 23-12.
First-year North Tahoe head coach Eric Owens said while the Lakers have played well offensively in the early part of the season, the team is still trying to develop its pitching, which was the case against the 3A Vikings.
Junior Meghen Grijalva led the Lakers with the bat, as she went 4-for-7 in the doubleheader with a home run and three RBIs. Senior Heidi Jimenez, meanwhile, went 4-for-5 with a triple and four RBIs.
The Lakers are now 3-5 overall and 0-4 in the Mount Rose League.
Trending In: Sports
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- World-class granite: Local climbing outfits help to access Truckee-Donner’s unparalleled routes
- Squaw Valley Kids Adventures Games returns for fifth year
- Tahoe City’s Kimble, Truckee’s Bohm win Squaw Valley Half Marathon
- Truckee girls end skid, top Dayton
- North Tahoe High School celebrates 64 students earning diplomas
- Lost hiker rescued in Desolation Wilderness shows importance of being prepared
- UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe PD asking for public’s help IDing suspect in deadly shooting
- Bicyclist dead after being struck by vehicle on State Route 89
- Truckee bridge construction taking off in Tahoe City