North Tahoe softball | Lakers fall to Battle Mountain
May 8, 2014
The North Tahoe softball team dropped both ends of a league series against visiting Battle Mountain on Saturday.
Battle Mountain improved to 6-6 with the 21-3 and 19-0 wins, placing the Longhorns in fourth in the Northern Division III standings, behind White Pine (12-1), Yerington (11-1) and Pershing County (8-4). Incline is fifth at 5-7. Only the top four teams advance to the regional postseason.
In Game 1, the Lakers (0-10) pushed across two runs in the second inning and another in the third. But the Longhorns struck for eight runs in the first inning and added four in the second, two in the third and seven in the fifth to end the game on the 10-run rule.
Junior Jade Harkness held North Tahoe to three hits while walking one and striking out three.
Battle Mountain scored in every inning of Game 2, starting with an eight-run first. North Tahoe managed three hits in the contest.
The Lakers, who played a league series at Silver Stage on Tuesday, end the regular season with a league doubleheader at Pershing County on Saturday and a home game against Whittell next Tuesday.
Trending In: Sports
- Romo rallies to win first American Century Championship
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- Currys haven’t yet set bet, but thrilled to be in Tahoe for ACC
- Death Ride doesn’t live up to name
- Stanley Cup champion T.J. Oshie donation fetches highest bid at Gene Upshaw Golf Classic