North Tahoe tennis finishes strong
October 5, 2006
North Tahoe’s boys tennis team ended its regular season on a wining note by defeating 4A Damonte Ranch on Sept. 28.
The match, which went 9-3 in favor of North Tahoe, was the Lakers’ last of the season.
All three seniors ” Taylor Tomlinson, David Phipps and Brandon Florsheim ” won their three matches on the day.
After early-season predictions left North Tahoe as a non-threat, the three seniors showed their true colors and talent through the end to help North Tahoe to a 4-6 record on the season.
During the nine matches, where all three seniors played three singles sets against three different opponents, Florsheim, Phipps and Tomlinson all posted winning records.
Tomlinson came in on the regular season with 21 wins in 27 sets. Florsheim posted 18 wins in 27 sets and Phipps posted 17 wins in 27 sets.
Recommended Stories For You
While North Tahoe did not qualify for postseason play as a team, these three seniors will represent the Lakers as individuals at the Regional playoffs to be held Oct. 12-13 in Reno.
Trending In: Sports
- Injured skier rescued off Jobs Peak after avalanche
- Squaw Valley couple launches YouTube channel featuring athletic exploits
- Eastern U.S. snowboard company lands at Squaw Valley as part of wild ride through country
- Squaw Valley’s Cashman picks up Nor-Am win at Snow King
- Truckee girls, North Tahoe boys open postseason