North Tahoe tennis finishes strong
October 5, 2006
North Tahoe’s boys tennis team ended its regular season on a wining note by defeating 4A Damonte Ranch on Sept. 28.
The match, which went 9-3 in favor of North Tahoe, was the Lakers’ last of the season.
All three seniors ” Taylor Tomlinson, David Phipps and Brandon Florsheim ” won their three matches on the day.
After early-season predictions left North Tahoe as a non-threat, the three seniors showed their true colors and talent through the end to help North Tahoe to a 4-6 record on the season.
During the nine matches, where all three seniors played three singles sets against three different opponents, Florsheim, Phipps and Tomlinson all posted winning records.
Tomlinson came in on the regular season with 21 wins in 27 sets. Florsheim posted 18 wins in 27 sets and Phipps posted 17 wins in 27 sets.
Recommended Stories For You
While North Tahoe did not qualify for postseason play as a team, these three seniors will represent the Lakers as individuals at the Regional playoffs to be held Oct. 12-13 in Reno.
Trending In: Sports
- Currys haven’t yet set bet, but thrilled to be in Tahoe for ACC
- Stanley Cup champion T.J. Oshie donation fetches highest bid at Gene Upshaw Golf Classic
- Tahoe Fund announces 2018 Signature Projects
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- Death Ride doesn’t live up to name