North Tahoe volleyball: Lakers bound for State as No. 2 seed
November 12, 2008
The Lakers finished 1-1 in the Northern 2A Regional Volleyball Championship in Lovelock this past weekend to earn the North’s No. 2 seed entering State.
North Tahoe, also seeded No. 2 in the regional tournament, edged third-seeded Incline 16-25, 26-24, 21-25, 25-22, 15-9 in a hard-fought semifinal match that started at 4:45 p.m.
With little time to rest after the taxing match, the Lakers faced No. 1-seeded Whittell ” the defending state champs ” in the Northern 2A title match at 6 p.m.
Whittell, which defeated host Pershing County in four games in its semifinal, won 25-17, 25-11, 25-16.
But the Lakes had already wrapped up their state championship berth.
Now they’re preparing for No. 1-seeded Lincoln County from the South in their state semifinal, which is slated for Friday at Damonte Ranch High School in Reno. The match is scheduled to start at 3:40 p.m.
Recommended Stories For You
In the other semifinal, Whittell takes on No. 2-seeded The Meadows from the South on Friday at 5:20 p.m.
The winners advance to Saturday’s 2A state championship, which is scheduled for 2 p.m.
Check the NIAA Web site at http://www.niaa.com for printable tournament brackets.
Trending In: Sports
- Nevada County customers lose home insurance; some see double, triple increases
- John Ward: Airport Board member Lisa Wallace’s apology falls short
- Sierra cinema: Tahoe-Truckee has been the setting for 100 years of feature film
- Truckee, North Tahoe skiers dominate first race of high school season
- Tahoe City moving forward with affordable housing project