North Tahoe volleyball | Lions end Lakers’ season in regional semifinal
November 11, 2014
The North Tahoe volleyball team ended its season with a loss to top-seeded Yerington, 13-25, 13-25, 13-25, in the Northern Division III regional tournament in Fernley on Saturday.
The Lions, who have won the state championship three of the last four years, went on to defeat third-seeded Incline in straight sets, 25-9, 25-21, 25-17, for the regional title.
The Lakers entered the regional tournament as the No. 4 seed, at 5-7 in league play. They finished 8-11-1 overall.
Yerington earned the No. 1 regional seed with a perfect 12-0 league record, losing only one set along the way.
The Lions improved to 34-2 with their two postseason victories.
Yerington will open the Division III state championship tournament this weekend in Reno against The Meadows, the No. 2 southern seed.
Recommended Stories For You
Incline will face the top southern seed, which is White Pine.
Stats from the regional tournament were not available.
Trending In: Sports
- Injured skier rescued off Jobs Peak after avalanche
- Squaw Valley couple launches YouTube channel featuring athletic exploits
- Squaw Valley’s Cashman picks up Nor-Am win at Snow King
- Eastern U.S. snowboard company lands at Squaw Valley as part of wild ride through country
- Truckee man in good health after near-fatal ski accident in Russia