O’Neill paddleboard series to kick off at Donner Lake
May 13, 2014
The 2014 stand-up paddleboard season is set to begin with the opening event in the Tahoe Cup series, the 7th Annual O'Neill Donner Lake Paddleboard Race, at Donner Lake on Saturday, May 24.
The first of a three-event Tahoe Cup series with a combined $20,000 prize purse, the Donner Lake Race is expected to draw hundreds of competitors of all ability levels, from recreational paddlers to elite racers.
The race starts from the West End Beach at 9 a.m. and takes competitors on a 5-mile sprint around the shoreline of Donner Lake.
The start and finish area is open to spectators and will include a festive atmosphere and free SUP demos from Surftech and the Sports Exchange of Truckee.
Other races in the Tahoe Cup series include the Jam From the Dam on July 12 and the Tahoe Fall Classic on Sept. 14.
For registration and more information, go to http://www.tahoecup.org.
Trending In: Sports
- Nevada County customers lose home insurance; some see double, triple increases
- French Meadows Restoration Project reaches final approval
- ‘A TOTAL DIFFERENT LIFETIME’: All-female grunge group ready to rock Art Truckee
- Tahoe Fit, new fitness studio, to open in Tahoe City
- Last of Tahoe’s downhill resorts set to open this week