O’Neill paddleboard series to kick off at Donner Lake
May 13, 2014
The 2014 stand-up paddleboard season is set to begin with the opening event in the Tahoe Cup series, the 7th Annual O'Neill Donner Lake Paddleboard Race, at Donner Lake on Saturday, May 24.
The first of a three-event Tahoe Cup series with a combined $20,000 prize purse, the Donner Lake Race is expected to draw hundreds of competitors of all ability levels, from recreational paddlers to elite racers.
The race starts from the West End Beach at 9 a.m. and takes competitors on a 5-mile sprint around the shoreline of Donner Lake.
The start and finish area is open to spectators and will include a festive atmosphere and free SUP demos from Surftech and the Sports Exchange of Truckee.
Other races in the Tahoe Cup series include the Jam From the Dam on July 12 and the Tahoe Fall Classic on Sept. 14.
For registration and more information, go to http://www.tahoecup.org.
Trending In: Sports
- Two dead, one critically injured in Truckee airplane crash
- Carson City woman admits to fatal DUI at Lake Tahoe
- UPDATE: A second passenger dead, 1 in critical condition due to plane crash this morning (VIDEO)
- Nevada County prosecutor: Victim’s blood found on Joseph Ward’s boots
- Ferguson Fire in Yosemite filling Lake Tahoe Basin with smoke