O’Neill paddleboard series to kick off at Donner Lake
May 13, 2014
The 2014 stand-up paddleboard season is set to begin with the opening event in the Tahoe Cup series, the 7th Annual O'Neill Donner Lake Paddleboard Race, at Donner Lake on Saturday, May 24.
The first of a three-event Tahoe Cup series with a combined $20,000 prize purse, the Donner Lake Race is expected to draw hundreds of competitors of all ability levels, from recreational paddlers to elite racers.
The race starts from the West End Beach at 9 a.m. and takes competitors on a 5-mile sprint around the shoreline of Donner Lake.
The start and finish area is open to spectators and will include a festive atmosphere and free SUP demos from Surftech and the Sports Exchange of Truckee.
Other races in the Tahoe Cup series include the Jam From the Dam on July 12 and the Tahoe Fall Classic on Sept. 14.
For registration and more information, go to http://www.tahoecup.org.
Trending In: Sports
- Truckee football routs Dayton
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- Coach Ivens climbs record books, Wolverines look to drop first-place Elko (GALLERY)
- Rivalry renewed: Truckee, North Tahoe soccer teams clash this weekend
- Class 3A football stat leaders through week 5